Gizmodo Media Group is seeking an Operations Engineer to help us operate our microservice-based infrastructure. This engineer has to work close with our platform engineers to keep Kinja, our collaborative publishing system up and running. The perfect candidate for this job has solid knowledge about systems engineering and is familiar with cloud-based architectures and Linux-based systems. Our approach in engineering is to automate all the tasks; we need someone who shares this view with us. We're looking for engineers who like to work in small teams and are eager to take part of the execution of a project.
About the Company
GMG is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Kotaku, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Onion, The AV Club, FUSION.net, The Root, and Clickhole that combined reach 100MM unique visitors a month -- about one third of all Americans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping high traffic web sites up and running.
- Responsible for the implementation and support of our AWS based infrastructure.
- Participation in the implementation phase of new and existing products.
- Systems maintenance based on updates, data usage, and security requirements.
- Monitor and administer the applications and our AWS environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes.
- Support developers with change requests, uptime, performance, build-, deployment-, and access related issues.
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure problems in the production environment.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Manage and control the continuous release cycle.
- Experience with AWS Amazon Cloud infrastructure
- Solid background in systems engineering and operations
- Scripting skills in UNIX shell and Python (Ruby and Go are plus)
- Experience on Devops tools like git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Artifactory or Nexus repositories
- Familiarity with deploying and configuring JAVA applications is a plus
How to Apply
This is a full time position at Gizmodo Media Groups's Budapest office with full benefits.
To apply, please fill out the form below. In the cover letter, be sure to tell us why you're perfect for this job.